Summer Scholar Program
Join a community of STEM high school scholars at Northwestern University!
Calling all High School Students! Would you like to take part in a virtual summer experience that allows you to work with other students and scientists to test labs and explore STEM careers? This two week, STEM career-focused program school students the opportunity to engage with STEM, build their STEM identities, and develop their workplace skills. During the program, students will have multiple opportunities to connect with Baxter and Northwestern scientists, go through mock interviews, and test out different labs.
- Details Dates: Weekdays; June 28th - July 9th
- Time: 9am to 12pm
- Payment: $400 Stipend
- Location: Virtual | Zoom
- Provider: The Baxter Center for Science Education at Northwestern University
- Contact: Natalie Bueno at email@example.com
Work with the Baxter Center team and field scientists to explore the following topics as they relate to healthcare professions:
- Application building mini workshops
- Learning more about healthcare disparities in STEM fields with keynote speakers
- Testing out hands-on labs from home
- Working in teams to assess Patient X in a healthcare equity-based case study
- Current High School Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors
- Chicago Area Schools
- Students intersted in exploring STEM opportunities
- In accordance with our mission, The Baxter Center will prioritize Round Lake High School and Lindblom Math and Science Academy students.
Applications for Summer 2021 are no longer being accepted. Check back in the future for more opportunities and email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.