The Baxter Symposium is an event designed to excite and inspire teachers to bring cutting-edge life science activities to their classrooms. We accomplish this by providing a day of real-world science and hands-on lab activities that show life sciences in the 21st century are exciting and amazing!
Attendees will have the chance to:
- Connect with scientists and hear about their cutting-edge research.
- Try out hands-on, NGSS-aligned curriculum modules led by educators who have successfully used them in their classrooms.
- Attend a free event for high school & middle school teachers.
- Receive FREE lab materials for all attendees!
- Enter lab equipment give-aways!
- Earn 6 CPDUs.
A Note on Location: This year’s Baxter Symposium will be held at Round Lake Senior High School in Round Lake, Illinois to celebrate the opening of our new Baxter Center North! We are excited to partner with Round Lake to support Lake County science teachers as they create more engaging, skills-based learning experiences for their students. Next year’s symposium will be celebrating 10 years of the Baxter Center for Science Education at Lindblom Math & Science Academy in Chicago!
For the schedule and information from last year's Symposium, CLICK HERE.