Application closed. Check out a recap of our workshop on our YouTube Channel!
Facilitators: Mary Clark, Suzanne Fetherling, Natalie Bueno, Emily Ferrin, and Ashley Walter
The Baxter Center is excited to run Baxter Box @ Home: Photosynthesis & Cellular Respiration workshop. Through this interactive virtual program, teachers will test out BioRad's Photosynthesis & Cellular Respiration lab and work with teachers to creatively think through how we can bring this activity back to their virtual and/or in-person classroom. Participants will receive materials, join the Baxter Center for a live workshop, and run the lab right in their own home for free.
By participating in the program participants will:
- Receive materials and reagents to test out a lab at home. You will receive materials for BioRad's Photosynthesis & Cellular Respiration lab. You will be able to keep everything you receive in this Baxter Box @ Home workshop.
- Plan with a community of educators and Baxter Center staff to reflect on how activities can be brought back to their virtual and/or in-person classroom.
- Earn CEUs for participating!
Application due on October 25th, 2020 at 11:59pm CST: https://northwestern.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e3ad6u6rRg2i3Yh.
Please email any questions and/or comments to email@example.com.
- What will I receive? Participants will receive a Baxter Box that is equivalent to a demo science kit. We will do our best to provide everything you need to run this experiment at home.
- What am I expected to do? Join us for a two hour live workshop, then run the lab in your own home. We hope to brainstorm together on how to make the kits you receive meaningful for your students, whether your classroom is back in school or virtual.
- How much time do I have to commit to? We estimated that this will be a 5 hour commitment. There will be a two hour live workshop + an estimatd three hours spent working individually on labs.
- What do I need? We will do our best to provide everything you need (equipment, consumables, and training) to be able to participate in the program and complete experiments at home.
- How will I receive the Baxter Box? We will have curbside pick up available at Northwestern. If you are unable to meet us, we'd be happy to drop off the materials directly to you.